Tuesday 28 April 2015

What is Cagayan de Oro City?

I could give you the quickest rundown of Cagayan de Oro City (CDO) or I could give you the Wikipedia link. I should just probably keep this short since you should probably need to visit Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagayan_de_Oro) or the official Cagayan de Oro website (http://www.cagayandeoro.gov.ph/) if you want a clean, clear, and complete information about Cagayan de Oro.

Now, if you want to skip the methodical read in Wikipedia, here are all the important details about Cagayan de Oro you should know:

The City of Golden Friendship
The saying goes “If you do not have gold, you do not have friends.” holds true for most people. I’m kidding. Before you stop reading this blog post. I should tell you that if you are a Kagay-ananon, you do not need to read this (unless you are just reading this for fun). I am not at all affiliated with the city government, nor am I paid to promote Cagayan de Oro.

Kagay-anon
People who live in Cagayan de Oro City, people who are born in Cagayan de Oro City, and even tourist who like to call themselves Kagay-anons are considered Kagay-anaons. Heck, anyone who embraces the culture of Cagayan de Oro City has the right to call themselves Kagay-anon.

Cagayan de Oro City is located in Misamis Oriental
Misamis Oriental is a province in Mindanao, an island in the Philippines. It is, in fact, the biggest city in Northern Mindanao (this is the region that covers Bukidnon and Camiguin) and provides a wide array of places to be. It is accessible via land, air, sea, and time travel.

The language is Bisaya
Cebuano, Bisaya, however you want to call it, that is the dialect we speak in Cagayan de Oro City. Since I was raised in another province before arriving to Cagayan de Oro City in 2004, I had a difficult time understanding some of the words that Kagay-anons speak. If you are familiar with how Visayan dialects are split into hundreds of sub-dialects, the whole sentence construction is the same; there are just some words that are out of the blue. Aside from Cebuano/Bisaya, Tagalog, Maranao, and English are also spoken throughout the city. For a better understanding of how our dialect works, I will create another blog post regarding this.

Jeepney and Motorela
Jeepneys and Motorelas are the major form of transportation in Cagayan de Oro City. There are also taxi and vehicles for rent around the town. I will make another post detailing this since I know commuting in Cagayan de Oro City might be a mess.

Tourism
Cagayan de Oro City is very well-known for its white water rafting (although technically, this should be a joint recognition for Bukidnon and Cagayan de Oro City).  Hundreds (not really, 50 at most) of parks and historical places dot the city and all of them are easily accessible with a taxi. Cagayan de Oro City is also considered to be the “Gateway to Northern Mindanao” since from here, you will have access to the white island of Camiguin, the Dahilayan Adventure Park of Bukidnon, the Divine Mercy of El Salvador, and tons of places I will make another blog post for.

There is a lot to discover in this city, you should probably have an idea of most of them, but for thos of you who don’t, stay tuned.


--A




(image sources: Google search, let me know if you need anything removed.)

5 comments:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to learn a lot of things from this article. It can be used for any kind of business. Pegasi Media Group the world's leading database vendor and the most preferred organization all over the globe. Our brand is well-known in the market. The organizations of all the sizes have experienced our services and are quite pleased with it. We perform the activities like data cleansing, data appending, data updating, data validation, and data verification on a regular basis before the final delivery. You have also got the tremendous flexibility to choose the geographical location and reach out to the prospects that you target.CDO Email Lists

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every word in this article is well-framed and has answered all the questions before I wanted to ask. I appreciate your eagerness and interest to know more about our organization.Pegasi Media Groupprovides you the email list of the decision-makers in all types of domains and industries that you are planning to target, which helps you to approach the prospects that are interested and authorized to buy your products. CDO Email Lists and Mailing Lists

    ReplyDelete